Toulouse is the historic site of the French aeronautics and space industry with Airbus Group's HQ.
World capital of aeronautics
Airbus Group world HQ: 27,000 employees in Toulouse
- 85,000 indirect jobs in 450 companies
- 25% of French R&D in aeronautics and space (€2bn from Airbus Aircraft/year)
- 939 aircraft delivered by Airbus and ATR in 2019 ; 10,000th plane delivered from Toulouse in October 2016
Two main sites dedicated to aeronautics:
- Saint Martin du Touch: 1st French industrial plant with 650ha et 40.000 employees
- Toulouse Aerospace: New research and development campus in aeronautics, space and embedded systems of 56ha
Toulouse is involved in leading projects
All the key-steps of the aircraft industry are in Toulouse: from the design, the certification, the manufacturing, the assembly, up to flight tests.
Toulouse, an ecosystem turned towards the technologies of tomorrow:
- Energy-efficient aircraft: more electric, new materials, green propulsion
- Intelligent aircraft: more connected, SPO
- Smart manufacturing
Advanced training in Aeronautics in Toulouse
Research and laboratories directly supporting aerospace:
ONERA the national aerospace laboratory.
the IRT Saint-Exupéry research institute.
laboratories such as CIRIMAT; Laplace; CRITT.
Engineering schools (130,000 students annually) are a pool of talents for companies:
ENAC: the French school for pilots and air trac control.
ISAE - SUPAERO: world leader in aerospace engineering.
ENSEEIHT: electronics, mechanics and telecom engineering.
INP-ENSIACET: chemical, material, and industrial engineering.
The global cluster Aerospace Valley based in Toulouse represents the largest European labor pool in aeronautics and space. The team is dedicated to fostering innovation:
- the Aerospace Valley has funded 475 R&D projects which represent 1.2B€
- the cluster collaborates on European projects: CleanSky, H2020, Horizon Europe
- with 2 weekly events on specific topics