Toulouse: 50 years of history in artificial intelligence and autonomous transportation.
Toulouse area is one of the most dynamic regions in Europe: the foundation of French robotics and AI started in Toulouse.
City of French Tech and IoT, Toulouse is where aeronautical, space and digital know-how intersect to create the emerging technologies of tomorrow.
offering cutting edge equipment
Toulouse Metropole, territory of innovation
It is in Toulouse that the future is built.
Home of transportation and space engineering
Toulouse hosts companies related to autonomous and connected vehicles, aircraft & spacecraft.
- Hyperloop Transportation Technologies launches its European R & D activities in Toulouse.
- EasyMile develops its driverless shuttle in Toulouse.
- EVA develops the fi rst Compact Autonomous E-VTOL (Electric Vertical and Take-OFF Landing) in Toulouse.
- Siemens Mobility World HQ: intelligent and effi cient mobility solutions for urban, interurban and freight transportation.
- Renault has acquired Intel’s R&D capabilities in Toulouse to develop its software lab dedicated to autonomous and connected vehicles.
- Continental Digital Services France has its HQ in Toulouse, notably working on the eHorizon project to make autonomous and connected vehicles smarter and safer.
- M3 Systems is specialized in the use of spatial technologies in transportation.
- ACTIA has 30 years of experience in embedded systems for buses, trucks and industrial vehicles.
- NXP has 50 years of experience in embedded systems for connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Robotics Place brings together companies, research laboratories and high schools of the robotics and drones sector.
- Automotech is the regional ground mobility association, a major local partner for this industry.
- Aerospace Valley, the global cluster for aerospace based in Toulouse stands for the largest European labor pool in aeronautics, space and embedded systems.
- LAAS is a world-class research laboratory specialized in robotics, among the world leaders in the security of embedded systems.
A place of experimentation
Toulouse has unique innovation campuses and multiple business areas dedicated to experimentation and innovation.
For intelligent and connected systems
The Francazal airport is the new hub for innovative autonomous transportation in Toulouse.
It is a 55 hectares urban reconversion project dedicated to experimentation of autonomous vehicles and drones.
The site currently accommodates companies employing 300 people:
- ATR (maintenance and prototyping programs).
- Tarmac Aerosave (leading European aircraft storage company).
- Airborne Concept (professional drone solutions).
- Acia Aero Parts (aeronautics).
- Hyperloop Transportation Technologies.
- EVA (Electric Visionary Aircrafts).
Land of experimentation
AutOCampus is a hub of collaboration between research, industry, transport operators, training and users around the connected and autonomous vehicles.
The private land of 70 hectares, not constrained by legal obligations related to open roads, simplifies setting up experimentation projects.
New centre for Aerospace excellence
Toulouse Aerospace is a new district of 56 hectares dedicated to innovation in aerospace and embedded systems in a University and research ecosystem.
Since March 2018, B612 innovation campus hosts IRT Research Institute, Aerospace Valley and a startup incubator.
- 24 500 sqm dedicated to R&D and technological development in aeronautics, space and embedded systems:
- IRT research institute
- Aerospace Valley cluster
- 9 600 sqm offi ces for innovative companies
- 1 600 sqm public incubator
- Connected by 2 subway stations of the future third metro line.
In 2017, Toulouse Tech Transfer (TTT) licensed "JAST" a technology developped by the Toulouse Brain & Cognition Research Centre (CerCo) to BrainChip, a Californian headquartered company.
Toulouse France's excellence centre in artificial intelligence
A pilot region in the government’s “France artificial intelligence initiative” that has been launched in January 2017 to help set the broad guidelines of a favorable legislative and regulatory framework.
Main strategic application fields:
- Robotics & drones
- Language recognition & bots
- Big Data & Machine Learning
- Smart & Connected City
- Mobility & ITS
- Health, personalized medicine
MAIN PUBLIC RESEARCH CENTRES
IRIT | LAAS | IRT Saint-Exupéry | CeRCO (Toulouse Mind & Brain Institute)
Airbus | Thales | Dassault | Continental Digital Services | Renault Software Labs | Capgemini | NXP | Pierre Fabre
Elter | Inbenta | Chatbot develop | Gogowego | BrainChip | Delair | Wyca | Naïo | BTBP | BotDesign | Medexprim